Robert of Mayflower’s Astrological and Spiritual
News and Views for November 2014
‘Love only can beget artistic power
And make an artist’s work bear fruit and live.’
-Johannes to Maria, ‘The Soul’s Probation’, Rudolf Steiner’s second Mystery Play
Coming Events with robert of mayflower:
- Nov. 9th 5pm-7pm at Mayflower Bookshop ‘Further Researches on the Holy Grail, Goetheanum and Cathedral, the Body as Sacred Tempo – Meditation and Living the Spiritual Life’ (Seats limited to about 12 people.) $20 donation reserve space. $25 at door
- Nov. 22nd 7pm-9pm at Mayflower Bookshop ‘Astrology Now into 2015 and Beyond’ (Seats limited to about 12 people.) $20 donation reserve space. $25 at door
- Dec. 5th 8pm-11pm at New Way Bar, Ferndale ‘Robert of Mayflower’s CD Release Party (with special guests) – see below for details
- Astrological Calendars for 2015 $2 off until Nov. 15th – mention this ad
- November 4th Moon conjunct Uranus (an occultation) brings upsets, turn-arounds, reversals, many quick changes with long lasting results into our lives. Good time to begin anew, update, improve, start anew striving for one’s highest ideals to be most practically achieved. Now and in next two weeks, brings about many a change in money and politics, love and sexuality. Some are too serious and/or moody, wanting much control and/or security, others frisky and obnoxious, quirky and toxic or rambunctious. Saturn is in Scorpio wanting serious grounding and intelligent long-term relations, rationality, real inner and outer security. Some lack such. Saturn denies, Uranus can free, or is it just outraged cries of resistance to inevitable inevitables. On Nov. 12th Venus conjuncts Saturn and Mars squares Uranus. Take a long and slow look, change is coming for sure, so make the right steps toward growth and prosperity, inner sanity and spiritually profound, pure hearted futurity now. Danger of premature hasty actions, hastiness, accidents, mishaps and reactions. Power plays clash with need to play, or find time to pray, make peace, garden friends and land.
- Crazy days for stormy weather, quakes of awakening, volcanoes of erupting emotions or new views, flooding of information, turbulent waters of emotions conflicting with thinking are Nov. 4th, 10th to 13th, 16th to 18th, 20th; give or take a day. Best days for fun and pleasure, relaxation or creative peacemaking are 9th, 11th eve, 13th eve into 14th, 20th, 22nd-23rd, 26th.
- Dec. 5th Friday 8pm to 11pm and on—Robert of Mayflower’s CD RELEASE and Mayflower Bookshop Party at the New Way Bar in Ferndale Mi. (three and a half blocks north of 9 Mile on Woodward, next to OM CAFE). Carolyn Striho, Bob Monteleone, Chris McCall, Holly Bernt, Mary McGuire all coming to do a couple songs too to add to the magic. Robert will perform new songs off the CD! It’s gonna be fun.
- November 6th Full Moon in practical Taurus with Sun in sensuous Scorpio accentuates need for spirituality and love to unfold together. Gently explode like a rose if lusty and young, or go with the flow to flower and go beyond your own limits for wisdom and compassion, ideals godlike and insanely real. Some experience a new dawn of higher consciousness and further adventures in sacred relationship by incorporating others to awaken higher consciousness and the wish for freedom within themselves. Here we can only help others to help themselves. Job, world sense of self, is changing. Need to let go of attachments or fixations, or danger endangering oneself to repeat troubles, feel electrocuted or magnetised to repeat offenders or repeat offences. Time for lies to be found, abusers to be bound. Truth has a good moment here to find higher reality to realise. Hang on tighter for change and better situation or opportunity, but don’t forget to open to new learning. When we fail to learn something each and every day, we go old, grow old, and lose the gold we came in with but forever have somewhere inside. So how much can you take of repeat offenders and stuck-in-the-mud thick repeats of yourself or low brow neurotics and repeat rinses trying to purify? Try something new, within yourself to grow; go where freedom allows true conversations and sharing.
- Nov.10th into 12th Mars conjuncts Pluto and then squares Uranus. The need for truth and love, wisdom and compassion in both high and low places. The need to arrest negative tendencies and chaotic mind. Lots of stress and tensions over conflicting views. Ever-changing conditions, uncertain futures, violent or forced solutions by necessity stir uncertain reactions. Need to re-psychologize or be psychologized. Theosophy, Anthroposophy, Tibetan Buddhist Mind Training, Osho, Manly Hall: these are the ultimate psychology of the human soul striving and seeking wholeness, wellness, sanity, and enlightenment, freedom from neurosis and freedom to be, become, beness. Lack of patience and tolerance for others, lack of wisdom/compassion/wit, really take their toll in these days and surrounding days. Mars is war-like, but can be Michaelic courage and bravado for truth and wit, heroism and virtuous deeds. All astrological aspects have a higher and lower resonance. It is up to each of us to reach for the highest ideal and virtue, working to manifest or incarnate such in our daily life. Stillness meditation, watching who is watching, listening with our hearts to the bigger story within each and every one of us, is always a good start and finish to the day. (See ‘Astrological Aspects, the Art’ for further insights to higher and lower side of every astrological aspect.) Otherwise, look for stormy politics, warring factions, discursive negative emotions and thinking, anger issues, wrong calls and ill response. Such aspects make for tendencies to hasty or nasty actions and reactions. Mars in Capricorn can be very assertive and aggressive to attain aims and desires. If you know what you are doing and have a higher intention and virtuous soul, this can be a successful time for transformative endeavour and success. Time for certainty and strong action. Good time for bold strong action to get the job done, accomplish the task, further one’s aim and goal. Negatively, this time could be chaotic, crazy, violent, stormy, destructive, rough and weird for sure. Avoid shame and blame games as well as woundology psychology, repeat offenders, and perverted intentions. Bad time for fantasies and getting high, escaping, or causing others’ grief. It’s aways a bad time for that, but with such aspects one should be cleaning up things, not causing further toxic messes. The higher side is courage for truth, following a higher calling or love, persisting in one’s spiritual or inner path, working hard for goals, sacrificing now for a better tomorrow, helping those less fortunate, and cleaning up past karma. Expect possible wild turbulent times in markets, ecological troubles, vexing situations. World troubles can escalate during such stressful aspects. Need for law and order. Many fears around health, warring nations, and political economic religious conflicts. Mars opposing, and Uranus squaring, USA Sun, does not help. U.S. may feel need to lead world to higher ethic and peace-making. Very strong response to any negative attack or criticism. Many political changes due to aftermath of mid-term elections.
- Nov 13-14 Sun square Jupiter and then Moon conjunct Jupiter along with Nov. 16th Neptune direct gives many excuses and opportunities to escape, play, plan better future or travel, or chance to dance or romance anew.
- Nov. 18th Serious Sun conjunct Saturn in Scorpio defines a time for serious grave matters being dealt with. Some die, some wish they were dead; others dead faced deal with money facts, bottom lines, past debt or karma. The Sun brings light to grave or serious issues. Many tough decisions need to be made to secure ground or future striving. For some sweet endings, others sour. Simple hard work and selfless striving for higher ideals need much patience and persistence at this time. Love and Sex may find it hard to meet, friendship and love ties challenged by practical needs and realities needing to be faced.
- Nov. 20th Venus square Neptune. Foolish love dreams, money delusions, false fancies and illusions of either grandeur or impoverishment. Good for creative arts.
- November 22nd New Moon in Sagittarius, Sun and Moon enter Sage Sagittarius with Mercury square Jupiter, look for renewal of relationships of the mind and heart working together to attain higher aims and goals. Any new ideas or projects need positive review and quick fix up before further tests, trials and tribulations, purifications. November 25th Mercury conjunct Saturn and Moon conjunct Pluto brings possible tough weather to some parts. Cold and gridlock. Good time to work on catching up to oneself. Good for meditation, yoga, self reflection.
- Nov. 30th Mercury square Neptune dreamy illusory feverish wanting and yearnings for escape or trips to ideal places … into Dec. 1st’s Moon/Uranus which gives a quick wake up and slap of reality to some.
- Dec. 5th from 8pm to 11pm and on. Robert of Mayflower’s CD new songs release and Mayflower Bookshop Party at New Way Bar in Ferndale next to OM CAFE. Come for the fun. Carolyn Striho, Holly Bernt, Bob Monteleone, Chris McCall, and few others coming to do a couple of songs around Robert’s performance. Call Mayflower Bookshop for more info.
- Dec. 4th Venus trine Jupiter and Sun trine Uranus followed by Dec. 5th Mercury trine Uranus and Dec. 6th Full Moon makes for three magnificent days of creative good work and play, loving friends and much sharing, networking, good communications and connection. Good time to shop, buy, sell, play, rearrange creatively one’s present unwrapping into the future.
- Dec. 12th into 14th Sun/Mercury in good Jupiter aspect continues the pleasant weather and good social life, merry spirits and good times.
- Dec. 20th to 25th looks tough for weather, shopping, friends, stormy stresses and emotions with a number of Pluto aspects stressing everybody out. Good for patience and compassion in face of personal and world problems. Good time to review long-term needs, as well as one’s ‘many lifetime’ concerns.
-Robert of Mayflower
Robert Thibodeau, Astrological Consultant
For individual consultations or for speaking engagements
call (248) 547-8227
on youtube under ‘mayflowerbookshop’ or ‘robert thibodeau’ channel, or at
“Bethink, Johannes, how the One Soul must —
A personality apart from all —
Evolve from out the womb of time.
Love serves to knit together separate souls
Not kill their individuality.
The moment is upon us, when we twain
Must test our souls, and find the spirit-path
That each must follow for its separate good.”
-Rudolf Steiner’s second mystery play, ‘The Soul’s Probation’, Maria speaking to Johannes (i.e. Mary to John, wisdom to love).
“We must become conscious of a higher form of community, founded in the freedom of love among sisters and brothers as a breath of magic that we breathe in our working groups.”
(Rudolf Steiner, Dusseldorf 15 , June 1915, Preparing for the Sixth Epoch)