Two Live Music Shows Coming Up
Robert of Mayflower’s Astrological Newsletter
1. Robert Thibodeau plays new songs, and folk/classic rock with Bob Monteleone
Friday May 29th at 7.30 p.m. to 11.30 p.m.
at Gala Restaurant in Farmington
2. Robert and Bob at Memphis Smoke
at John Lamb’s Singer Songwriter Showcase
on Sunday May 31st at 8 p.m.
at 11 Mile and Main Street, Royal Oak
Astrological Events for May 2009
- May 7th – Mercury retrograde after Venus square Pluto on May 2nd. Oh this will be fun! Old arcane karma comes to hit you in the face, a heart of love reckoning, and a new approach to what needs to be done to make the future work. These may be the issues. On the other hand, it’s deep love: wanting it, getting it, and now what to do with it. Old issues of fear/desire obscure the view. Mercury in Gemini going retrograde re-enters Taurus on May 13th indicating a need to be more practical and down-to-earth than superficial genius on paper. Do yoga, meditate, re-write the script for practical genius to shine indeed. Mercury goes direct on May 30th the day after Neptune goes retrograde on the 29th. Hopefully spring warmth will arrive with Sun square Jupiter on May 15th and we won’t have to wait till the end of May when Mercury goes direct. Mercury retrograde into Taurus may make us reconfigure what is real security and savings; what is real futurity. Down-to-earth gardening, sewing, cooking, weaving friends, sharing, hands-on stuff is what works. Late Taurus is known to be a part of the Zodiac that the really rich people enjoy, so there may be a re-questioning of what it means to be rich, both inwardly and outwardly. What it means to be poor, both inwardly and outwardly; in qualities and capacities!?! It truly is a new time to spring forth by both looking deeper within, righting the wrongs of the past, catch up to unfinished business, and boldly going where your past never allowed you to go. We are spirit souls in a material world.
- Saturn is still going retrograde indicating more work-related troubles. The good news is that when Saturn goes forward or direct the night of May 16th, on Armed Forces Day, a shift will start to take place getting people back to work with good jobs culminating in late October when Saturn goes into Libra. At that time, we’ll be back to work but starting to ponder the workability and feasibility of our relationships and partners long term.
- Jupiter conjunct Neptune on May 27th portends of magical times, over-the-top imaginative luminal numinous experience. Be careful of Virgin Mary sightings, UFO sightings, Elvis sightings, and Harmonic Convergence memorial services. Until Jupiter goes retrograde on June 15th, you can’t trust the future and its many possibilities and lucid dreams. When Jupiter goes direct in October, everyone will be ‘kind of’ unified in the vision and dream of how the future is going to work for everyone.
- Venus is chasing Mars in Aries and will conjunct Mars on June 21st (Solstice), preceded by Jupiter retrograde June 16th, Moon trigger to the Venus/Mars June 19th and Sun square Uranus and Sun trine Neptune on June 21st. And it is closely followed by Sun oppose Pluto also on June 21st. Surely, this will be an interesting time when many jump ship and join the ‘other side’. Love bubbles may pop, out with the old and in with the new, as well as the myth reality workings of not putting new wine in old bottles. Or can you? This time will prove to be quite erotic and for others, neurotic and psychotic. Venus is the feminine principle chasing the male Mars energy. Should be interesting time.
- Pluto opposing the USA Venus this month portends of more bankruptcies and bailouts, banking problems and concerns over children and mothers. Venus/Pluto always is dangerous for people with problems of jealousy, obsession, compulsive behaviour and misbehaviour. Good aspect for compassion for the underdog who is getting beat up by whoever, whatever, forever. Also good for long-term love, gardening, behind-the-scenes good workings.
- The best thing in May will be Robert’s live music May 29th and May 31st, join us for a fun time.
Subscribe to Robert’s Astrological Monthly Newsletter
Donation suggested $100 for one year
2645 W. 12 Mile Rd
Berkley, Mi. 48072
Robert’s Mayflower Website and Music